The lovely sisters Rachel and Lauren over at ‘The Flower That Blooms
‘ nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! Thanks so much girls! They set 10 really interesting questions and I hope the answers help you all to get to know me that little bit better!
1) Name one place in the world you would like to visit and tell us why!
Norway! I am obsessed with Norway! The scenery looks incredible and it is definitely at the top of my list of places to visit.
2) What’s your favourite topic to blog about?
I love blogging about lots of different things to be honest. I love writing reviews, personal posts and craft related posts too! Bur my ‘Tea of the Month‘ is probably my favourite, just because it gives me an excuse to drink a LOT of different teas!
3) Do you have any pets, if so how many/what are their names?
I do! Meet Bailey! He is awesome and such a fun, friendly dog. He loves people and is such a character!
4) What is your favourite social media site that you use for your blog?
I love Twitter. It has been great for my blog but more importantly, I’ve been able to connect with so many other bloggers (many of whom are becoming friends!). It is a great way to connect with the blogging community; everyone has been so friendly and supportive. I would recommend Twitter to every single blogger!
5) What are your 3 top tips for summer?
Enjoy it! Even if you aren’t going on holiday, be a tourist in your home town! It is amazing how much you can find to see and do that you had no idea existed. If you are travelling to an exotic land that has guaranteed hot weather – drink plenty of water and wear a hat! Oh, and I swear by Philip Kingsley ‘Swimcap’ to protect my hair from the sun, sea and pool so I would recommend that to everyone.
6) What made you start up your blog?
I had always wanted to and after a little nudge from a close friend, I went for it! Friends kept telling me I should run a blog and I really like the idea. I also want to use my blog to talk about my transplant journey. I really want to support anyone going through it and promote the importance of organ donation. Even if my blog just helps one person, that’s amazing!
I think it is a fun diary in a way for me too!
7) Do you have a favourite online store to buy stuff from?
And Other Stories is one of my favourite online stores. I love their clothes, shoes, bags and accessories. The customer service team are amazing too!
8) Do you have a favourite TV show, if so what is it?
I gave in and jumped on the Game of Thrones bandwagon. I’m only on season 2, but I love it (alas, I’ve not been able to hide from spoilers but that’s okay!). I also really like watching documentaries.
9) As our blog name is from a movie quote, have you got any favourite quotes? If so, what are they and why?
I have a lot of favourites so I’m going to keep this short and sweet! I studied Latin & Classical Civilisation at university so that is how I discovered a lot of quotations that I love. I think one of my favourites is from Cicero:
Six mistakes mankind keeps making century after century:
Believing that personal gain is made by crushing others;
Worrying about things that cannot be changed or corrected;
Insisting that a thing is impossible because we cannot accomplish it;
Refusing to set aside trivial preferences;
Neglecting development and refinement of the mind;
Attempting to compel others to believe and live as we do
10) Now share the love! Tell us some of your favourite bloggers!
I love Kirsty’s blog ‘Have the Town
‘, Julie’s blog ‘Jewels Wandering
‘, Sarah’s blog ‘Musical Theatre Musings
‘ and I really, really like Liz’s blog ‘The Blog of Happy Things
‘ (trust me, if you want a smile put on your face check out her blog – so positive and there is a hilarious video of a train sing-a-long that always makes me laugh) All wonderful ladies with great blogs, definitely worth a read!
Okay, so that was my ten questions and here are my ten with the nominations below!
1. Favourite pizza topping?
2. If you could be any animal in the world, which would you be and why?
3. When it comes to shoes: heels or flats?
4. What is one of your favourite childhood memories?
5. Your biggest make up disaster has been…?
6. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
7. Name one city in the world you would love to visit and why?
8. Are you a bookworm? Do you have any favourite authors?
9. What advice would you give to someone who is thinking about starting a blog?
10. What are your plans this summer?! What will you be getting up to? (Or have you been up to, depending on when you answer this, haha)
And here are the lovely bloggers that I am nominating! Would love to read your answers to the questions I set! Then create 10 questions of your own and nominate up to 10 bloggers to answer them.